Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I Dig Your Wig

Hi all,

As most of you read via my email - no chemo today. My white blood count too low - but no worries. God has a plan. They will try again on friday after giving me shots to help boost the old white count. Good news is my hemoglobin count is up.

Better news I got a new wiggy thing today. I ordered it from the American Cancer Society and it is called a fall - no hair in the middle, but looks cool under hats & scarves. I already have one, but this one is even cooler looking. Although I must tell you - my friend, Erika, calls me Ivanka when I wear the first one I bought w/ my little newsboy cap. I bought it at Moffitt and was happy to have it, but was also wearing higher heeled shoes that day and so was walking around doing my Mary Cate & Ashley in high heels walk in my very blonde hair w/ the a flippy shag hairstyle. Plus I had blush on to make-up for any paleness - so me as the day went on felt more like Julia Roberts as the hooker in Pretty woman - and now can't get that out of my head, but everyone else seems to think it's fine. Makes me laugh and you know that's perfect for me.

Scott's cousin, Abby, got my email about the new wig and told me to google the song "I Dig Your Wig" by the 80's group Ben Vaughn Combo - now I could only get The Many Moods singing it so I tried to attach that - but that made my day as it's funny to me. So enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0z9TIc8_cU&NR=1

On the Lilly & Scott news - Lilly is still doing well and seems to be getting on just fine w/ her Daddy. He says she is an easy baby and really isn't even upset by the rash that I think is going to come down to either heat rash (Scotts and the adoption agencie's guess) or a detergent allergy. Time will tell - we will not switch her off her Chinese formula till she gets home as she did not fair well when Scott tried to do that. So he will come home w/ lots of Chinese formula and will work on this when we have a pediatrician nearby and at our fingertips.

Here's a sampling of great Text messages I have received from Scott:


July 1

Hola mama. Como esta? That is Chinese for hi mama how are you? (Scott claims his brushing up on Spanish has done nothing for him there in China. Go figure)

She eats fruit, cereal, bread and Chinese formula.

Will send pictures soon. Lilly is grumpy must feed her and let her nap. Hot here. Otherwise Ds Lilly is helping with this message fjfhjgfgfgg

Looks like heat rash. Salee took us to the park it was beautiful. Lilly is doing well stop worrying. OK?

Nothing planned for the PM. More crowded than Cayman. Lots of things to see. Lots of people to watch. Kind of reminds me of Lima (Peru)

She is laying here next to me asleep.

She may be teething. She has 4 teeth on top and 2 in the bottom. She just fell asleep.



And that is just a taste of the great texts he sent. He also told me on the phone that she was lying on the bed and she touched his nose and he went "Honk" something he used to do all the time to our friend Grace Whitley's baby who also loved it and therefore when first met her baby brother in the hospital reached up, touched her brother's nose and said, "Honk" - a proud day for Scott. Anyway, back to Lilly - he went "honk" and she had a great belly laugh - he said it was beautiful and she is quite the happy little one. Little being the operative word as she is tiny.

Off to rest and drink lots of water. Nurses orders.


Thanks for all of you who have said at one time or another - perhaps in different words - "I dig your wig."


Be blessed,


Julie

1 comment:

Erika Black said...

Oh I definitely 'dig your wig' Girlfriend!!

And, look, I finally got to your BlogSpot - wonders never cease....

You are brave for real! Did I show you my Superman charm I got in Fort Lauderdale? I've been looking for one cause sometimes I feel like a superhero - tremendously talented, with a great weakness. That's how all of us 'superheros' are - we have amazing talents and kryptonite! The hero part comes in when we carry on in the face of our fear - you have been stunningly amazing and I have seen that for myself up close and personal!

Love you! Your Rock Star, Superhero friend, Erika