Friday, July 11, 2008

One from the Proud Daddy

After three and a half years of praying for her, our Lilly is finally
home. She is a tiny package of energy. She laughs, smiles and
cuddles. She is perfect.

For those who are not up to date, I left for Nanchang China on the 27th
of June While Julie remained behind in Cayman with Jesse. I arrived on
the 29th. After a whopping 45 minutes of rest there was a knock at my
hotel door and a nice Chinese lady who was fluent in Chinese but spoke
no English (fortunately I am fluent in English but speak not Chinese)
handed me this beautiful crying baby. That was it. Within 20 minutes I
was alone with her.

Yesterday, Lilly and I completed our travel home. We had a 1 hour
flight from Guangzhou to Hong Kong followed by 16 hours from Hong Kong
to JFK. We spent about 4 hours in a hotel room in New York before our
last 4 hour flight home to Cayman where Momma, Jesse and Aunt Barbie
(thank God for Aunt Barbie) waited.

Lilly seems very happy in her new family. She will eat anything you
feed her and apparently has little value for sleep. Who could ask for
anything more.

Thanks to all who have prayed with us and for us over the last 3 1/2
years. Thanks to all who have helped in ways to numerous to mention.
More pictures will follow after a little sleep for me.

Blessings

Scott

The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link
attachments:

Lilly in her hat


Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent
sending or receiving certain types of file attachments. Check your
e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled.
Lilly in her hat.jpg
47K View Download

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

How amazing!! My eyes are filled with tears and joy for you guys. I will continue to pray!! Can't see the picture but hope I will once I get home and back on my computer. Praise God!!