Monday, July 21, 2008

Lilly's World, Lilly's World, Excellent, Party Time, Bling, Bling, Bling!

Hi all,

Many have said - what's happened to the blogging? How is Miss Lilly and family doing? I'm so sorry - I just didn't feel like blogging - no better excuse.

Week 1 w/ Lilly went just fine. She is both a cuddly and easy baby. She will sit and play quietly by herself, but when she is done w/ that she is ready to cuddle and will call out Ma, Ma, Ma, Ma or Da, Da, Da, Da. And she loves Jesse so she has his attention as well and laughs and plays with him.

Jesse who I have to add grew up over night. He adores his little sister. I knew he'd like her - I knew he was eagerly awaiting being a big brother - and I knew he'd be a good big brother. I just didn't know he'd be a great big brother & I tell him how great he is at it every day & so does Daddy. She'll crash her walker through his toys & he says, "Lilly, no" and then looks at me and laughs. He really is amazing w/ her.

Honestly, she is much easier than I ever anticipated. My biggest adjustment is getting used to the idea that I am on call at all times again, plus working at the children's store I work at is on hold until further notice. Sure, I make an appearance on a Saturday and work just to get out w/ some adults - but for now I am back home w/ baby. I found the first couple of days I was going through a reality check w/ this, but honestly, she is easy - loves to eat & loves to laugh & play & cuddle and everything about her is just really going well. When she cries - it is because she is wet or hungry (she's always hungry - playing catching up as she weighed in at just 16 lbs. - that's what Garbo weighs!). When she is mad we call her "angry Lilly" but really angry Lilly lasts for about a minute & it's usually because she's hungry and we aren't catching the signal or she is tired. She does not stay mad. So keep praying as I believe God answered our prayers.

On a Julie note - you know people ask me how I am and I always answer - well, a little tired, but she sleeps through the night & is an easy baby, so I'm just doing some normal adjusting. Then it dawns on me they mean - how are you doing w/ chemo? How easily a baby makes you forget. So that is good and makes me happy. And I have to say - so many of you have written me and I apologize for not answering you directly. No time these days & I apologize for that! But I'm thinking of you and thank you for your sweet emails.

On a Scott note - Scott is finally over his jet lag. It took him a little longer than Lilly to come through the jet lag, but then again he was working - Lilly was home taking naps. I sometimes give him a hard time about napping, but really he did amazing and deserves some slack - I can't even imagine a 17 hour plane flight w/ a baby. Amazing.

Jesse, Lilly & I head to Florida next week for chemo #4 in Tampa. So send your prayers our way for an easy trip. It is also the first time Lilly will meet Joshua who is in Florida at the moment. Jesse can't wait to see Josh & introduce him to his new little sister. And Josh seems excited to meet her as well. And it is also her first time meeting Gramma Kay who Jesse always talks about - so she is in for a good surprise full of love when she meets her Gramma.

On a prayer note - I just want to thank you for your continued prayers over our family. People continually tell me and the family that we are strong - but we aren't strong in and of ourselves - that is the Lord and so don't kid yourself - you are seeing Him in us. Of course, it is a choice we made to accept Him into our lives - but when you pray it is answer to your prayers bringing us His strength. So thank you & remember even on the hard days:

The joy of the Lord is your (our) strength!
- Nehemiah 8:10

Be blessed & have a wonderful day!

Love,

Julie & Scott & family

2 comments:

Nichole's mom said...

I am so hapy to hear all the praises! You are also very funny... Apologizing for not getting back with people! You need to not do things like that cause you are gonna give those of us with out excuses a bad name! Hey, while your praying you could mention my girl, Nichole... I took her to the airport today. She's going to go to scholl in PA. I know God is going to use her in big ways and she was only mine on loan but it still makes my heart ache!!! A good ache cause God is so GOOD and Faithful, but an ache none the less.

Love you and your family bunches!

Judy

kcondeni said...

Hi Julie. It is so exciting to read of your adventures and the family you are raising. You are amazing. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Although the island is a far cry from ONU, you will always be a part of our family here. Thinking of you! Take care, Karen