Sunday, June 29, 2008

Amazing June 29th for the Graubards

Today is Jesse's 7th birthday - although I'm not sure he knows it as like his Momma we've been celebrating for the last two weeks and will continue into July w/ a big birthday party.

But that is not the only reason June 29th is special to us. God has made June 29th special yet again as today he dropped Lilly into Scott's arm in a hotel in Nanchang, China. Isn't the Lord so very cool. He took an already special day and made it that much more special to us.

How is Jesse about sharing his big day? Well, there are still cupcakes involved, right? So he's good w/ it. He's been awaiting this moment for so long I'm sure he would even share a little bit of his cupcake as long as she doesn't push it.

The last week our house has emptied slightly. I was already missing Josh and his silliness as Scott had flown w/ him to Miami a week ago for a summer away. Then Friday we dropped Scott off at the airport for his trip to China. So I proclaimed my homesickness for Daddy to Jesse . And w/ all the compassion he could come up with he said - "Mom, he's bringing home my baby sister." As if - get over this - it's for a good cause. My heart melted.

We knew Lilly would be in Scott's arms in the next few days - but what we didn't know was that it would be on Jesse's birthday! Scott sent me a text message last night (Sunday) at 2:00 a.m. which was already 3:00 p.m. for him on Sunday.

And he said, "Lilly will be with me from 4:30 June 29. That is special." Indeed it is. Or as my Mom reminded me in a text this morning:

"This is the day the Lord has made and what a beautiful day it is." Amen. :)

So here are the first text messages I awakened to in the order he sent them:

"Lilly says hi mommy and Jesse"

"She cried for an hour and a half nonstop. Then I sang to her and she would stop for awhile."

"She stared. She is is very curious and I think very smart."

"Then she laughed. You can't imagine how beautiful that little laugh is."

"Am in love with this little angel."

In that it is 9 a.m. Cayman time (8 a.m. US time), it must be 8 p.m. Nanchang, China time, so I would be surprised if both baby & daddy are not already sound asleep as they both had exhausting days.

God is good! So very good. Can I get a Praise God?!

Love & blessings,

Julie who loves June 29th for so many reasons

5 comments:

Sue said...

This is fantastic! And how clever of you to make Scott go and deal with all the transitional stuff while you stay home and have cupcakes.

Gretchen said...

Praise God! Congratulations!! Happy Birthday, Jesse!! Wow!! I am so happy for you guys! You will have no problem stepping back into that Mommy role!! I will continue to pray for Scott and Lilly's safe trip home! Wish I could enjoy a cupcake with you guys!!

LMP said...

Julie,

That brought me to tears. I am very happy for each of you, but I'm especially happy for little Lilly. She has just been saved.

God bless you. YOU are an angel -- and I am just so proud of Scott.

Love you,
Tanya

Unknown said...

OH Julie bean, I am crying as I read that - thanks - as if the pregnancy hormones didn't nail me enough today (in church, I wished I could put my sunglasses on today and just bawl - all because I was seeing around me how lucky I am!) - well anyway, reading your entry today is so uplifting and I am so excited for you all! And you know I thought this morning that today was a good day - two years ago today we settled on our house, this is the day my grandma passed (but my mom and I aren't sad - we just think she watches over us!) and I remembered it was my last day when I left Villanova! June 29 is a big day - and now it's ENORMOUS bc Scott received your amazing gift, Lilly. Cannot WAIT to see pictures - and if you want help, I can write up directions for you and send them your way - it's really not too bad! :)

Love you girl!
K

Unknown said...

WOW JULIE!!! Amazing article!! Happy B-day to Jesse!!! I can imagine how happy Scott might be now... waiting for so long e now he has Lilly on his arms...
How special day!!! It is also a special day for me, because it was the day my Mom left Brazil 11 years ago... moving to America!!! She is a brave woman, thanks to her, we are all here!!

And you are not different, Julie!! You are as brave as her...
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU GUYS!!

Love y'all!!
Faby