Sunday, May 3, 2009

A letter I wrote to our home church, the Vineyard Church of Clearwater

A letter I wrote to our home Church, Vineyard Church of Clearwater for their Talent Night where they showed off their God-given creativity as a form of Worship. My friend, Janet reported it was well attended w/ 60 guests as many attended as attend any church service and very interactive with many "gifts" presented. There were more than 20 persons presenting objects and about the same number doing stage things. I believer seeds were planted, they were planted indeed.

May, 2, 2009

Hi all,

I wish I could be with you in person for your talent night! For I know it will be a great event. So know that I am praying for you from a far. Praying the Lord will bless this event more than you even can imagine at the time of the event. That seeds will be planted to later be harvested.

Since I was unable to be there I am sending you my essay, “So, What is Your Prognosis?” I started writing it one day as I was journaling. Tonight I send you the finished, edited copy. But there is more to this essay then you will read. This essay became a part of a vision I kept having to have church by the sea. The event you prayed for just last weekend entitled, “Sharing from the Heart.”

Sharing from the Heart was an amazing event. We bought pizza & pop and brought my friend, Lisa, an amazing Worship Leader and held church facing out at the beautiful Caribbean Sea. As our guests looked up front at us they were also watching the sun setting behind us as we praised God and shared his Word. Amazing! Something only He could have created.

But there is more. It’s not a numbers game, but 40 people showed up. Our pizza and pop were like the loaves and the fishes as they multiplied leaving us w/ leftovers. People generously donated covering all our cost. But that’s not the important stuff either. The important stuff was the comments. We were able to pray for the lady in my essay who lost her husband just weeks before. A good friend of ours Mom, whom we adore, commented if we did this weekly she would attend. She stays home from church each week as her husband a strong believer goes. And most importantly of all. A co-worker of Scott’s showed up in his office this week to say, “I’m really close to giving my life to the Lord since I heard Julie’s testimony on Sunday.” Scott said, “Why wait, let’s do it now.” And there in his office at work she gave her life to the Lord. If that one life is why God gave me a Vision for this event, it was worth it. If this one life is why we were even sent to Grand Cayman, it was worth it.

So while I wish I could be there in person, I send my thoughts via an essay.

Enjoy & be blessed,

Julie Graubard
Running Towards the Goal - Phil. 3:12-16

No comments: